I had my buddy pull the codes on my truck again today. I've got codes:

P1765 Trans volt relay circuit
P1763 Governor Pressure sensor too high
P0711 Trans temp sensor problem.

I have found an online RE46, RE47, & Re48 specific trans rebuild manual that has a trouble shooting procedure. According to that book the ECM and the trans are the same between the Dakota and the full sized Ram for the same year. I did a quick read of the trouble shooting and discovered that some codes automatically put the trans into failure mode, which is a 3rd only drive with or without an upshift. My truck has no upshift. They required the correct code number for trouble shooting.

That online service manual also stated that a 95 RE 46-48 had a different test procedure then the 96 and up had. In 96 the trans relay was moved into the ECU.

My biggest issue is all this stuff has been transplanted from the Dakota into my 49 truck (and yes, I'm the guy that did it), and now, almost 3 years later, I have no real idea of the Dakota's actual build date and it is long gone.

The challenge has been accepted, I'm sure not going to scrap this truck. Wish me lick as I venture into new to me territory. I will update as I stumble through this. It all starts tomorrow, after I dig a few holes (something like 20 holes!) in the yard for my wife to plant Lilies. Wish me luck on that too! LOL!

100_1017.JPG
Last edited by poorboy; 06/19/23 07:57 PM.