Its become more and more of a MPH game for sure. But also seen alot of guys with slower cars having alot of success as well. I am always watching the numbers and while I see alot of faster cars these days that are really slow in 60 and have "slow" backhalfs So it can be misleading a bit IMO. In S/ST anyway alot of those "fast" 150mph cars are in the 2.0-2.2 60'and only gain 32-35 in the back half. I would think that would make them easier to judge for the slower cars as they are not as far back as I would expect for a faster car. I know my junk we could run as fast as 49 in the back half of the track depending on how we had the car set up.

My last S/ST car had no cubes and not alot of torque. It worked well because of the converter, stop set up and the power it made. HP makes up for alot in a t-stop car. The last few years I have helped a couple of guys with slower cars optimize there set ups to have better back half MPH and they have found some success that way, while still having decent 60's(1.70's).

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"