IMO get the heads ported and if in the budget look into getting an aluminum block, to keep the weight down. Your car is lite enough it won't taking earth rotating power to get here. I don't believe there is a prototypical cam for a S/G car, it is all about HP. Especially with a lighter car. If it were a heavier car I would look to make as much HP as possible but also maximize the torque to help come off the stop. IMO bigger is usually always better and simpler way to make more power. Hads are the key t making power, the camshaft should compliment the cylinder head and take advantage of its port runner CC and intake valve diameter.

A few aluminum block options and for the head you are using I would not hesitate to go with a BMP block, it is also the least expensive of the group. I am working on my new S/ST ride right now and we are concentrating on making as much reliable maintenance free HP as we can. As you know it was more about the converter choice, and stop set up than the cam choice in .90 racing.

Last edited by Al_Alguire; 09/28/22 12:52 PM.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"