Originally Posted by roadrunner2
Originally Posted by parksr5
Originally Posted by roadrunner2
Those are good numbers for a streetable combo. With a sorted chassis and practice that will get you into the 11s.

Bill

Thanks, Bill!

What are the plans for the new engine, have you been working on it at all after the issues?

Just took it out on its maiden voyage. Put down an 11.28 and 11.21 both at 121.5. I’m pretty happy with that being the starting point for this build. Air was good but there was a head wind.

Bill

That's awesome, way to go!

I fired mine up in the car on Friday night. I proceeded to work on the carb most of Saturday and got it about right where I want it at WOT, maybe just a touch more fuel is needed. I'd like to get the idle AFR down a little and I have one spot of the throttle at cruise RPM where it's running lean. It's really close.

I noticed my brakes were a little weird a few times when I was out but, would then be fine the next time I stepped on them, I thought "I need to look at those soon". Fired it up after cool down to pull in the garage, put it in drive and I have no brakes. I'd opened my fence to pull back behind my house but, planned on stopping, closing the gate and opening the garage door. The garage door was not open yet. I acted quickly and swung the car right between my garage and a tree, through some gravel, over my man door walkway, into my back yard and was able to slow down enough to slam it in park. I didn't hit anything and was lucky; maybe I needed to change my shorts but, everything else is okay. Pumped the brakes again and they were back. I backed out of my back yard back onto the driveway, opened the garage and almost began to pull it in but, decided to shut it off and push it in.

Pulled all the drums off yesterday, inspected everything and could find nothing wrong or leaking. The fluid was bad and the front bowl on the MC was almost empty, so; I sucked the fluid out of the MC, filled it up and started to bleed the brakes. The pedal was really good and then, all of the sudden, here and there, the pedal would just go to the floor easy. My wife was pumping and was yelling at me, "you're not getting the bleeder tight enough". I would tighten it some more and we'd be good and then, poof, we're not good again. I came to the front of the car and everything was fine, pedal was great and then all of the sudden, bang, it goes to the floor again and you can hear a slight leaking air sound. It would happen every 10-15 pumps. I got in the car and pumped the crap out of them, and everything felt great and then, bang, it goes to the floor and you hear the air sound again. [censored]!. I inspect everything again and this time, I see fluid on the back of the firewall leaking inside the car; it wasn't wet there at the beginning of the day. So, the MC is bad; I ordered a new one last night. It did what it did infrequently when I was driving it; I assume a seal is compromised but, just not all the way gone yet.

Could have been real bad if this had happened during the testing of the day.

The car has been in my family since 99, I have not once used the emergency brake, can't remember if my Dad ever used it, and have no idea if it's operational. It's probably time to see if it works. Hindsight, I'm glad I didn't try it because if it's not operational, the time I spent trying it would have probably been enough that I would have crashed into the door, most likely gone through it or pushed it off the tracks and into my truck, which is about 2 feet from my Wife's Mustang right now, so; it may have taken damage too.

Last edited by parksr5; 09/26/22 05:21 PM.