Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
Actually...... on legal tires, Harry’s best was in the 11.50’s, at MIR on a pretty good day.

However, I seem to recall him telling me it went 7.10-7.15 in the 1/8 on small slicks.

With sticky tires you could run mid-11’s pretty easy with 500ft/lbs, 475hp..... Std corrected off the dyno...... in a 3700lb car at a track that’s less than 1000ft elevation, in “reasonable” air.

How much you lose with the bias plies will depend on how well you get that part sorted out.

“If it were me”, I’d pick up another intake if you don’t have one....... do a back to back test against the stock one on the chassis dyno.

I have a lot of that covered Dwayne. We're under 800ft elevation; the car weighs 3467 without me in it. The car made 42x ft/lbs on a chassis dyno but, I'm down on HP which I believe I can make up with a cam swap. I have the bone stock intake sitting on the numbers matching block stashed in a corner.

I put K&G CNC 906 heads on it last year but, I picked up valve train instability around 5600-5700 rpm whereas before, I went as high as 6300 with no sign of issues. The consensus on the board was the springs on the new heads are controlling the valves better. I have a XE comp cam in the thing and it seems to be a standard occurrence. I've really grown to hate the cam over the years; noisy, clattery piece. The cam is a little on the small side too with only 230’s duration at 50 and .480-.490 lift.

At the time of the head swap, I also put a dp4b on the car. I ran 12.48 last year on American Racer L60's.

The plan is to get the intake done, give you a call for a solid flat tappet cam, get a new converter and throw all this together with a FAST approved carb; I’m running a Holley right now.

There are just a lot of things contending for my money right now and I’m trying to catch up from the garage.