Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, when I took the old cam out, I found 2 cam bearings that were trashed; 1 looked like it could have spun at any point.

I took the short block to the machine shop for a freshen up, where it has sat the whole year. I talked to the shop owner in September and he said he'd call me in October to discuss a game plan; I haven't heard from him and really need to call to check in.

The shop owner has other business ventures and some areas of his businesses were crippled this year by all the Covid fall out. To be clear, I'm not upset with him at all, it's happened to so many.

I've been busy with a kitchen remodel and other house updates, so; I've not been too worried about it because I've got so many other things that are consuming my time right now. I'm starting to itch to get the engine stuff all taken care of though.

Minus any new bearings or rings, I have everything to put it back together, so; I would assume that once the machine work is done, it should be relatively quick.

What was your fastest time with the new setup this year?