I appreciate everyone's feedback and pics.

As someone pointed out, in the FAST class, you can modify the factory manifold pretty much however you'd like so; it could be cut up, worked and welded back together. It just needs to be stock appearing.

To be clear, I'm not trying to get every last HP out of the thing because I do plan on street driving it too. My goal is to hit 11.50-11.70 on a relatively sticky tire and whatever it runs on the bias ply while running in the FAST class is what it runs. In the past, Dwayne has pointed out that this should be doable with fairly standard port work on the intake. For example, Harry's old bee ran 11.40's with a modified intake that was not cut up, modified and welded back together.

I've attached some pics of my progress so far. In the first pic, I've tried to show the casting line of an un-touched port and how much extra material is present. In the second, I've tried to show in another port (as best as I can with a crappy camera) that I've removed all the material on the one side of the casting line (probably about 1/16) and blended the whole wall. I've been able to get down into the other side of the port relatively far but, I can't capture a good pic of it; I just wish I could get further.

IMG_6903.JPGIMG_6904.JPG