Originally Posted by parksr5
Well, a little slower than what I'd like but, I've been progressing too.

The intake I was working on, that I mentioned in this thread, is about done. I had everything finished other than the port match. I Dykam'd it up, bolted it on and wouldn't you know it, it cracked up one of the ports when I bolted it on. I finished the port match on that port and took it to a guy that has been cast iron welding since 1972 and he said no problem. The intake has been welded for a few weeks and I plan to go pick it up on Thursday.

Like roadrunner2, I too called Dwayne for a custom ground cam but, mine is a solid flat tappet.

I took the heads back to K&G to be set up for the new cam, they are ready and I'll pick those up on Thursday too.

Hope to have the engine back together in the next month or so.

If everything goes as planned, I plan on breaking the new cam in on an engine dyno and making some pulls.

With the info roadrunner2 provided, it will be interesting to see the differences between a pretty mild combo like mine and what he has. Mine's 470 inches, only around 9.35:1 and again, a solid flat tappet. Everything else should be comparable; well, probably not the intake, sounds like some major voodoo going on there.

Any updates on your build this year?

1968 Road Runner 383 727 3.91 8 3/4 3520 with driver 11.04 @ 124.26 with 1.67 60’
Done on G70-14 redlines thru factory manifolds New quickest ever 383 build in FAST.
10:1 451” replaced with 14:1 499”.