Hello again Gene
I have progressed to the stage where I have the 47 dry fitted onto the 2001 Dakota drive train. After laying out the bed,cab and front clip I have come up with a wheel base of 116 inch which is in agreement with Dodge for a 1/2 ton . All good so far. 15 inches needs to come out between bed and cab. Wide front frame horns have been lobed off the dak, as close to the crossmember immediately in front of the control arms as possible. A quick bracket was made to hold the U support against the crossmember and allow for up and down adjustments for now.
As per your previous advice I expect to have to add pie shaped pieces to the big truck fenders I’m using, but first I am unsure if I have placed the front clip back far enough on the dak frame? The front axle appears to be roughly in the center of the hood pieces. I am not sure if that’s where it goes?. A search of 39-47 side views hasn’t helped ( most fotos are taken at an angle for aesthetic reasons)
There doesn’t seem to be much room for the U shaped radiator/ grill support to go further aft without major cutting of it or the dak foremost cross member? It is a 4.7L v8 and even with fan removed and the radiator going to be squeezed forward, things are bunching up between the U support and the front of the engine pulleys.
I wonder if from this foto you can eyeball the front axle placement. Should the center of the wheel sit further forward in the fender? (The front fender is not fastened to the cab yet )
Thx a bunch!
Ray

D07F97D0-87F6-4308-8EA8-31A8D1209E7C.jpeg