Thank you both for the advice and help.
Gene,
The steering column having everything already wired was another reason why I wanted to use the dakota column and my lack of patience for trying to wire it all again.. That and it would also be easier when I go to connect the power steering and everything if I just use the existing column, like the brake system. I do have the motor and the windshield wiper assembly minus the actual blades so I will have to figure that out with the newer column. I'm not good enough to try and fit the ac system in this one so I will have to just handle the heat or keep it home that day I guess. I want to try and use the firewall and as much of the floor pan/trans tunnel as possible to avoid having to fabricate a new one. When you used the floor pans before on your builds did the cab mounts stay intact with the pan or did you still have to fab new ones?
The higher bed floor doesn't bother me that much really to be honest. I considered just doing the front clip but with the dakota drive drain being offset to the right I didn't know how much trouble that would have caused with lining the trans up with the rear end later in the build so for me it seemed easier to just use the whole frame, insert any advice if I am looking at it the wrong way or over complicating it. A question for you and Ol Ray both about the frame shortening and front clip swap. I have welded most of my adult life and am confident in my welds but not in my ability to align the frame correctly. Did either or both of you do your own modifications on the frames or did you have someone do it? The shops here in California want half an arm to just shorten a frame by 4 inches so I am just curious how you guys went about it.

Jeremy

1957 D100