Ray47 wh, finding 1/2 ton fenders for a 39-47 truck may be a challenge. WW 2 interrupted the truck production at the beginning of the 41 model year, and the 1/2 ton truck production was halted in favor of the big truck production for the war effort. In 1942, all civilian truck production halted, every thing built was military use only. As a result of the 1/2 ton production, most of the early versions of the 1/2 ton trucks took a real beating because of having to cover the war years. Though civilian truck production restarted at the end of 1945, most of those very few trucks produced were 1 ton and 1 1/2 ton trucks. 1/2 ton truck production began with the 46 model, but material shortage and labor problems kept the productions a bit lower. Too add insult to injury, most big trucks didn't have any rear fenders, only the limited number of 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, and fewer 1 ton pickups came with rear fenders.

Then add that Dodge actually made two versions of the front fenders, the difference being the location of the headlights on the fenders. The early version placed the headlights more towards the grill shell from the peak on the fenders. From 43 through 47, the headlights were moved onto the fender peak.

Modifying the big truck fenders isn't real bad, basically, you just have to add a pie shaped piece to the front of the wheel opening, and then add another pie shaped piece to the rear part of the wheel opening, then raise up the lower rear section (or cut it off). Since so few actually exist, as long as you make it look right to you, you should be OK. I just didn't want to see you do a bunch of body work on those fenders if there was modifications to come.

From time to time, front pairs and rear pairs of fiberglass fenders are produced for those 39-47 (may be listed as 45-47) 1/2 ton trucks, but they tend to run a batch of them, then everyone sells the same supplier's fenders, and after they have been gone for a while, they run another batch. Those glass fenders are very pricy when they exist. Waiting, thinking the price will come down is folly, pay the big bucks, or pass on them.

As far as the painting is concerned, I fully understand. I have a source that will spray the paint on my stuff, and he does a lot better job then I can, but its not a show quality job (I'm not paying for a show quality job either). Even then, the cost of the paint has gone crazy in the last couple years. In 2018 I had my buddy paint my 48 Plymouth, at his cost, the two colors of paint material (a quart of each color, hardener, and thinner) was nearly $300, today those same colors is almost 3x that price, at his cost, for me to walk in and buy it nearly doubles it again. That doesn't cost what I'm paying him to spray it, the coupe took up space in his paint booth for 3 days. I had some money set aside for painting my 49 pickup, but some of that money has been used for unexpected parts. The oil based primer I brushed on to protect it with for the winter is growing on me... Gene