Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Originally Posted by AndyF
PipeMax recommends 2.25/2.375 step headers with a 4 inch collector.

Here is my story on headers, and it has been repeated numerous times. My son had a set of 2 1/4 to 2 3/8" stainless tubes for his dragster with a 4.5" merge collector with a 4" choke, he loves his bling so even though I told him they were to big he wanted stanless. I have told home for a year they are to big. Finally after a year and change he put the 21/8" to 2 1/4" with a 4" merge 3.5" choke on the dragster. It instantly picked up 6 hundredths and with jetting ended up .08 faster than the larger header. Also picked up 3 mph. Car has been mid 4.53 at 153 with the smaller header, I'll let you all decide what it makes for power but it weighs 1920 and these runs were of course in Vegas. Best ever with the big headers was 4.61 150. Needless to say he is now building a new stainless set to match the smaller header. From my experience most Mopar guys seem to LOVE headers that are to big! My Stratus had headers that started at 2 1/8" to 2 1/4" to 2 3/8"had a 4 1/2" merge with a 4" choke(too big) and it was 1200hp

DONT want to Hi Jak this....but ive been told my 2 1/8 to 2/1/4 headers were too small, and way too long at 32 to some 40" tubes. Now im told to build a set . the "new" headers are going to be 2 1/4 to 2 3/8 and with a 4.5 collector....and no longer than 26"
AL you know what im building now. My current 530" i was told i was leaving at least 30hp or more on the table between the headers and the B1 intake/spacers.

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....