Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
Originally Posted by sixpakdodge
Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
The parts and cases, call them for more info please up
The Proflyte is a all out drag racing tranny with multiple choices on the ratio and is suppose to be (I've never own one whiney yet devil) very easy to maintain at the races and change gear ratios at the track also up
A good friend of mine ran one for years in a very fast PSCA 10.5 Outlaw car in SO CA , it wasn't a Mopar but it did end up with a Brad Andersen #8 billet blown Hemi motor in it boogie

Is the Proflyte a SFI case? Or is it a remachined 727 case?

727 case. No one makes an SFI Torqueflite case at this time. Most Proflites are 727 cases with 904 internals amongst other rollerized components. Nothing different as far as regular 727 maintenance other than it probably has to be done more often. As far as the whole multiple ratio thing...A&A has a whole gamut of ratios available in their catalog. Being easy to change ratios at the track....no easier than a standard 727. ProTrans, A&A, Joel's on Joy, and A-1 amongst others all build their own version of a Proflite.

I can understand using something like that when it comes to Class racing, and a 727 case is required, but in a Bracket car, I see no reason it's a better option? How much does a trans like that cost? Seems like no one wants to say...

Probably after the converter and shield it's up there with an Equalizer only less durable shruggy

Gus beer

64 Plymouth Savoy
493 Indy EZ's by Nick at Compu-Flow
5-Speed Richmond faceplate Liberty box
Dana 60