Originally Posted by AndyF
I'm working with a race team who is putting a 572 inch wedge (Indy block and heads) into a B body race car. Trying to decide to go with a PG or stay with the 727. I'm leaning towards the PG since they have a couple of other cars with glides in them so they have PG spare parts. Also, the PG can be built with an aftermarket case which is SFI legal while the 727 requires a blanket or shield. I'm not sure which will be quicker down the track. They bracket race so they car about consistency more than ET. My guess is that the PG should work just fine behind the 572 and it might be a tad bit more consistent since it only has one gear change.

I am a dyed in the wool fan of Torqflites', but in this case I would go glide if possible. A Torqueflite loses consistancy due to the first shift coming up real quick and too much starting line ratio. If they can't find a glide trans then I would run a rear gear like a 3.73 to reduce SLR to about 9.0 with the Torqueflite.
I had to go to an airshifter on an RPM switch to get consistant times, and even with a well prepped track and 15x33 goodyears sometimes my 60 ft might vary by .01 or more.

Last edited by gregsdart; 10/24/21 06:38 PM.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky