Originally Posted by 440Jim
Originally Posted by AndyF
I'm leaning towards the PG since they have a couple of other cars with glides in them so they have PG spare parts. Also, the PG can be built with an aftermarket case which is SFI legal while the 727 requires a blanket or shield. I'm not sure which will be quicker down the track. They bracket race so they car about consistency more than ET. My guess is that the PG should work just fine behind the 572 and it might be a tad bit more consistent since it only has one gear change.

900 hp, 572 CID will have plenty of torque to get that car moving with a PG.
I highly recommend the aftermarket case (with bell). All the guts should be aftermarket at that level, so there is some choice of 1st gear ratio. Like a straight cut 1.80 gear set. And the Turbo style input shaft with matching converter.

I agree. I'm going to recommend that they get a quote from their transmission supplier for a PG. They'll have to make some changes to the car to fit a PG but nothing difficult for a race team. New driveshaft, shifter and crossmember should cover it. I'm assuming the Mopar starter will bolt right back in if the case was built correctly.