I didn't separate the panels, just drilled through one layer. My method of working this over had no engineering or FEA done, just me looking at going hmmm, just like in the old days. On the idler arm mount, I did got through two layers to get to main portion of the K. Outer hole was larger than next one. Filled it up like a soft serve cone. I did cut pockets at the control arm mount, you can see them in the upper corners. Got some weld around them on the inside. I picked up some structural washers from Fastenal to put on both sides of the tube. Tacked them on then formed them around the K, finished with welding all around. On the front side of the K, where the shaft pokes through, I welded the washers on that came with the FF greasable shafts then put larger flats around them and welded them on too. The strut rod pocket got attention. If you look inside the k, there is not much there. I boxed that area in with some metal plus I put some in so I could get some welds through the topside, engine side of the k, that attached to the added on pieces inside. For cutting all of the holes, I used my Blair Rotabroach set, the 1/4-3/4" set. I did add a skid plate too. I have not gotten to the topside of it yet addressing the steering box mount but that will get done in the future when I get back to work on it. There are also some areas around the engine mount brackets that need to get trimmed of excess material. Even after I had the K tanked two times, there was still a fair amount of grunge hiding in places that showed up with the weld heat. I ended up taking the torch to the inside and burned out as much as possible from any inner areas. Lots of smoke! I do have more pics of the K. Posting them on here is a pain. If you want, pm me with your email and I can send more to you.

Carl Kessel