Dear OP
I do not post much anymore for a number of good reasons but I can't sit here and let them lead you astray. I spent over 22 years running hot laps on “Thunder Road", Watkins Glen International Raceway. 2x per year so 4 days a year for 22 years...a lot of laps. The measure of success is lap times.

I set up 6 different vehicles, drove 5/6, I did not drive the bird.

AAR Cuda 4 speed
70 Charger R/T Auto
1996 Dodge Intrepid ES with the GT package – no speed limiter, autostick etc 125+ mph car
1979 Chrysler Newport – you would really be surprised!
SRT 10 Pickup - boring
Superbird 440+6 4 speed

Don't laugh about the Intrepid and Newport as they had suspension/tire/wheel/swaybar improvements and the Superbird was set up as well with shocks, brakes, tires and firm feel sway bars. The Bird, the AAR and the Charger all put the other newer stuff on notice!. The AAR and the Charger ran under the number for a full lap at the Glen which is 2.5 minutes. Run under the number and they will come, look and wonder how that old iron can do that. Nothing exotic in any of the cars btw..

It looks like you are out for fun not racing so YES you can set up those antique torsion bar leaf sprng suspensions to allow the car to handle – read “rotate” thru the turns beat up the kid's imports.

The Charger [with factory cruise control] has hemi leaf springs and hemi torsion bars yet handles so flat the instructors that rode in the car were quite perplexed by the performance and ride quality. Your wife can drive the car to church without issue [no cage, drives very nice]. It received a ton of welding and unibody reinforcements that cannot be seen and I know some things about reinforcing unibodies that I won't share online as I may have learned something in 22 years with the help of others not on here. The AAR would run an honest 155+ mph without handling/high speed issues and would put down 130mph on the back straight. Yehaaa! The Charger is hp limited but ran a faster lap time that the AAR due to better chassis. Both cars ate imports and other so called newer faster cars like SRT Challengers etc

I still have the Charger but it is probate so maybe next year I will get to use it.
If you want technical support PM me as I do log in from time to time

glen 2011 rtag 2.jpg
Last edited by ThermoQuad; 07/13/21 04:05 PM.