Originally Posted by Mr.Yuck
"MoparMitch’s Challenger is a SCCA Solo II National Champion and has trophied over Gen II Camaro’s and Firebird’s. That’s classed competition.

But yea, $ for $ and effort for effort the Chevy will win out.

That’s true for most drag racing too…. So have you traded your Mopar drag car for a Chevy?"

No I'm still getting my 67 together. We do race a Gen III Fireturd in Champ and Lemons, going to try AER. Since Champ changed the points structure on aftermarket front ends, I would build a Mopar now. But we/I will have to ball this car up 1st.

We also dominated the most populated and competitive SCCA region for CAM for a couple of years both with the 70 Challenger as well as a 67 Valiant I built. And I PROMISE you, we spent far less than the Chevy/Ford guys did trying to chase us down, And when they finally beat us, they had twice as much in their cars and weren't beating us by more than a couple of tenths. I've got a wall covered in NASA, SCCA, NMRA and OUSCI trophies. All in T-bar and Leaf spring cars. Just because you can't figure it out, doesn't mean that the rest of us can't. Most people still think the development we did was snake oil, but the guys that have it know.

And the reason you don't see a lot of Mopars? because Mopar guys are pussies.

Last edited by 68rrunner; 07/14/21 01:20 PM.