Originally Posted by mopars4ever

Was a bit disappointed my car didnt even place in my class. I got a 2nd last year, made some noticeable improvements over winter and did worse. The #1 and #2 cars in my class were not that nice, but thats how it goes with that type of 'voting'.
Honestly I haven`t filled out a ballot for years. I gave up on that years ago as too much of "buddy " voting going on.

I think they used to call it a "fun field", not sure if that still holds. You can never get upset about participant judging or expect to win. Go to a real point scale judged show if you want that. Honestly the old Mopars at Englishtown show in the early 90s was probably the best judged shows I ever went to. I learned a lot from the guys that used to judge the A-body class. After the show they would go over each and every item with me on the scoring sheet and explain why I got the points I did and what I could do better. That's when I enjoyed showing and competing. Now I rather just hang out and walk around. Too many "experts" that annoy you.