Originally Posted by 80fbody
[quote=DaveRS23][quote=MadMatt][quote=DaveRS23
Most potential EFI purchasers are exaggerating the advantages of EFI because they are comparing the EFI to an un-tuned or faulty carb.

I will say I can tune a carb well and the car ran great prior to the EFI but there is a noticeable improvement in idle quality and power around town. Would it make more power on the dyno. Not that car I care to dyno but keeps the plugs alot nicer from early spring, thru hot summer and back to cool weather.

It's definitely not a good choice for those that have carb problems. You need to be good at problem solving before slapping on the Sniper or you'll be cursing Holley and it's really not their fault. Some should stick to driving their daily toyota. I hear it all the time on facebook..

EDIT: This was not directed at the OP in any way.

I hear what you're saying, and I agree. I think I do a decent job of tuning a carb, and I also had the carb tuned on a chassis dyno several years back. It makes good power and torque, no problem starting it, and it idles pretty well once it warms up and has terrific throttle response. But I think it can be better with EFI, especially in the variety of weather and elevations it sees. It seems overly sensitive to changes in the ambient temperature, getting "fat" when the weather is hot and occasionally dieseling when I shut it off. I've upgraded the brakes, suspension, A/C, and transmission to modern standards, so I can't see why I shouldn't do the same for fuel delivery.

Some see the glass as half empty, some see the glass as half full. I just drink straight out of the bottle.