Originally Posted by MadMatt
Originally Posted by DaveRS23
I believe that our own ThumperDart can put you together a carb that would rival the retro-fit throttle body systems in driveability and for a lot less money and hassle.

For that matter, if your cam is mild and idle not too lumpy, the new Street Demons that look similar to the old Thermoquads are very good carbs right out of the box for mild engines. And for $300 or so, are a real bargain to boot. Lots of Youtube videos on them.

I didn't put this in my original post but I drive the car spring/summer/fall here in Idaho, so temperatures from about 45 degrees to 100 degrees, and I drive in elevations ranging from 800-5200 feet above sea level. No disrespect intended, but do you honestly think any carb can handle those conditions as well as an EFI system with it's multitude of sensors?

A Sniper system will work a lot better than a carb once the Sniper is properly dialed in. It does take some computer skill to dial a Sniper in so you need to think about that. Ideally you need a Windows laptop to really understand and work with a Sniper. You'll also need the matching Hyperspark distributor to control the ignition timing. The Sniper has a built in data logging system that keeps track of what the engine is doing. A data logger is a great tool to have once you get used to it and learn how to use it.