Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by MadMatt

Thanks for both your replies. I am planning to get the Hyperspark distributor to go with it, and fortunately I have a Window's laptop. I have basic computer skills, but luckily my son is a computer science major and loves cars, so I should be good to go there. I was thinking about going with the basic system because it has the built in regulator and saves a few bucks. I do have an adjustable Aeromotive regulator already installed and was thinking I could clean up the engine compartment a bit by using the built-in. I'm not too concerned on the linkage as I've changed it half a dozen times as I've gone from AVS to Holley to Demon and from AT to the TKO-600. Do you feel strongly that there are other advantages to the 4150-type unit?

Also, do you know if the stock Mopar alternator will supply sufficient amps? I think my unit is rated at 55-60 amps, and all my lights are LED except the headlights and front turn signals. I have a 35 watt stereo, heater and OEM A/C with a Sanden compressor. I'm currently running the MP labeled MSD 6A box with the MP replacement distributor that was made by Mallory.

EFI really prefers a modern alternator which is one reason why I designed a swap kit to put the Denso 60 amp unit on a big block or small block. You can try your existing alternator but if you run into issues with electrical noise then you'll need to upgrade to a modern alternator.

The cleanest fuel system is to use a EFI module with the pump and regulator inside the tank. Holley sells a EFI module that drops into a '70 Dart tank. https://www.holley.com/products/fue...umps/muscle_car_efi_modules/parts/12-319
If you don't want to replace the parts you already have then you can use your existing pump and regulator or you can buy the Sniper with a built in regulator. The built in regulators are a known issue so if you go that way buy a spare and make sure you have the correct hex key in your tool box to change the regulator. It takes a weird metric hex key and the screws are locktited into the throttle body so it can be a pain to deal with.

The Hyperspark distributor will work with your existing MSD ignition box and coil so you don't need to change anything there.

I think I'll just go ahead and upgrade the alternator. I actually already have your bracket kit, I just never got around to installing it. wrench Based on everything you said, I think I should go with the 4150 style Sniper and use the external regulator and my existing pump. I did the in-tank probably 7 or 8 years ago and can't remember the brand right this moment, but it was a good one in a brand new tank, and it has been trouble free since, though I've had it regulated down to feed the carb.

IMG-0008.JPG

Some see the glass as half empty, some see the glass as half full. I just drink straight out of the bottle.