Funny conversations going on here. I wonder how a person determines the rules that describe what "manly work" is? I spent my life doing auto repair, heavy machine repair, and for the last 30 years or so I ran a one man welding shop, but I didn't drive off the road or cut down trees to haul around. I suppose I didn't do "manly" enough work for some of you guys, but I'm OK with that.

I've owned a lot of Dodge trucks over the years, none of which I bought new. I've owned 2WD and 4x4s, both with sure grips, limited slip, or open rear axles. Some with all season tires, and some with traction tires, and some with real good traction tires. Some were V6, but most were V8, some V8s were bigger then others. I've put most of them through the paces, plowing snow, towing trailers, and full box loads, but nothing I would consider hard labor. I wouldn't consider any of those old Dodge trucks "gay". Each truck was used pretty much for a specific reason at a specific time frame, and I've not been disappointed with any of them. Most were also used for purposes other then the intended use they were purchased for, and most did a pretty good job then as well.

That said, I'm not going to be buying any new car or truck. I've only owned a few vehicles that were built in this century, and I fully intend to keep it that way as long as I can. Just because I'm not buying a new vehicle doesn't mean I think you shouldn't be buying a new vehicle. In my world, I don't need one, but in your world, you might.

I believe a guy has the right to buy any truck he sees fit to buy, weather or not you agree with him. Who are you to think you can determine what someone else should or should not buy? I suspect the guy is buying a truck for his purposes, not yours. Of course, if your going to buy the truck for him, he would still probably happily use it for what he needs it for. Heck, if your buying, I'll happily use one of those gay 2WD trucks, won't bother me in the least.

Are you going to send me a monthly check for gas as well? It will be tough, but I'll deal with one of those Hellcat trucks if your buying and covering the gas. Gene

Last edited by poorboy; 03/11/21 09:05 PM.