Originally Posted by Grizzly
How did you Girls survive before the late '90's early 2000's when 4wd's became "mainstream"?

How do School Bus Drivers, Truck Drivers, Soccer Moms and 16 year olds driving beaters survive in your "region"? They'd definitely out-drive you 4x4 Sissy's.

Give me a faqqing break. 4 wheel drives are for Posers.

When I lived back East, I went a LOT of places with my beater '72 Coronet Wagon that it shouldn't have. Don't be stupid, I didn't 'rock crawl' with it, but forest service roads were my favorite and I almost got in a fight with someone once because of it. I guess this guy was showing off his 4X4 Bronco to his girl, and had parked in a clearing that they obviously wouldn't have gotten to if they hadn't had four wheel drive rolleyes.............and I came bombing in, in my wagon, ripped a few doughnuts, then left.

A few moments later he came ripping up behind me, flashing his lights, honking his horn, screaming at me. In his rage, he over corrected at one of the nasty spots, and got stuck. No I didn't stop to offer them a ride. laugh2 This was long before cell phones and we were at least 4 miles from pavement.

For me I think it was more a matter of I paid $50 for the car and didn't give a rats patooie about it. If I had gotten stuck, I would have pulled the plates and walked away. I never did though.

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥