Originally Posted by 4406bbl
Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
Originally Posted by Hugh Jorgan
Out here in East Texas, you gotta watch out for the gravel hauler 18 wheelers. Those guys obviously get paid by how many loads they deliver that day. If you are sitting at a red light and it turns green, you better look both ways before going. I've seen them blow through red lights and not even slow down.

Years ago I bought a Mack tractor from a gravel hauler. The truck was totally stripped, only one seat, air conditioning removed, front brakes removed, only one fuel tank, nothing that didn't need to be there to haul gravel was there. I asked him why the truck was so stripped down, he said he got paid by how much gravel he moved every day. That less the truck weighed, the more cargo it could haul.

I believe its been over 15? years that truck swould never pass a required DOT inspection without functioning brakes on every axle, so I hope your experience was before they clamped down.

So I suspect, based on previously experience here, in a few days there will threads about FEDEX always being late with their deliveries eyes.

So.....how do you make that jump? What schooling did you get in your past to make the jump to blaming the customer? Shift the blame, there may be none, just a bad situation. The customer expects safety first, at least most do I just want to know how you get there so my kids, and grandkids can avoid that kind of an education. It was a weather fluke at best, or a driver that was irresponsible at worst. The driver is responsible for operating in [censored] conditions, ask the DOT, if the weather changed over a short period, it was an accident. Customers are not at all to blame.

Real simple, based on previous record here, the "jump" is made by pure self centered hypocrisy, in that few care about a 100+ car pile up, under conditions that enticed over 100 plus other drivers to make the same mistake , resulting in 6 lives lost and dozens of injuries, but I want my car part on time, because "thats what I paid for" attitude, and if you haven't seen that attitude prior, you have not been paying attention.

Last edited by jcc; 02/15/21 08:20 AM.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.