I watched the footage of this crash - one of the most sickening things I ever watched. The FedEx driver was flying.

Once we were a little East of Sierra Blanca, TX. & it was evening - probably Jan. or Feb. around 1986 - it was dark out. The I-10 Westbound was suddenly closed - never had that happen before. All traffic was forced to exit at a truck stop. I was in a car, my partner & another guy that worked for us were in the 1-ton & 50 foot gooseneck. We asked a police officer what was going on & he said the highway was a sheet of ice for about the next 3 miles, then it warmed up as you got closer to El Paso. We sat there for about an hour - we did NOT want to spend the night in our vehicles! My partner & John decided they wanted to take the chance to go the 3 miles of ice - I was against the decision. The same cop told my partner that he would let him go, but all bets were off - like don't blame us if you wreck! AND, it was downhill too. Anyway, my partner decided they would take the gamble - like creep at 30 MPH down the road & drive out of the danger. I followed them reluctantly & we made it. Still scares me thinking about it all these years later.

Only time I'll drive in this kind of crap anymore is if I literally get trapped while out driving, and twice in the last 4 years got caught in bad winter conditions, & took the first exit & got a hotel. Get a good night's sleep & drive in the next day. It is just not worth it to gamble with your life for a little drive down the road. OR, if you are not too far from home, GET OFF THE HIGHWAY & take surface streets!

Last edited by Sunroofcuda; 02/14/21 05:03 PM.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified