Originally Posted by David1971
OK guys, this city boy got a "beat down" on this thread. I am definitely in the minority on this one. So far it is about 52 to 1. I am officially raising the white flag and retreating to the Restoration and A12 forum.

I don't think there is anything wrong with your post. Smoke can be a really big hassle or downright dangerous depending on how much there is. Where you live sounds like smoke is going to be an issue. 1/2 acre lots are a little too small for everyone to have a fire pit. Most of my neighbors are on 5 acre lots so we have 10x the space. Even on 5 acres I can smell the neighbors burn piles or fire pits. Since they are 100 yards away I typically only get a whiff now and then which isn't a problem. If the smoke was blowing towards me all the time while I was trying to enjoy a drink on the patio then I'd go say something about it.

If you were in the city then fire pits would not be allowed. If you were further in the country then nobody would care. Sounds like you're right in between so it will most likely be an issue that doesn't go away.