Originally Posted by 62maxwgn
I live in a rural area and still have to put up with idiots.What you see is a pile of old plastic pools,old plastic lawn chairs ,some roofing shingles a few tires and god knows what else,one hundred yards across the road.The township I live in has codes to cover this and a host of other violations.That pile of garbage will be burned by weekend,probably Sat evening. We don't have a code enforcement office any more,said was not cost efficient,hell if they would enforce and collect the fines that are designated ,they could pay a decent salary and still make money. rolleyes

You want to see smoke,stop by !!

Something I never thought about. How do people living in a rural area dispose of their garbage? Is there a facility that you can drive to that will accept it? When I moved into this neighborhood, we were unincorporated, so I had to pay for pickup. When we got annexed into the city bordering us, the city started paying for the service. But my property tax more than doubled.

By the way, I spent 13 years on and off, working on a project in the Lehigh Valley. Beautiful country. When I wasn't working, I used to cruise the countryside. Loved those stone farmhouses and matching barns. I used to fly into ABE every week when work ramped up. Still mad at myself that I never made it to the Martin Guitar factory. Good thing I didn't have a home there. I would have never got anything done....would have spent to much time going to car shows and cruise-ins.

David

Last edited by David1971; 10/02/20 01:53 AM.