Originally Posted by KWF340
Originally Posted by HP2
[What I'm asking for is cam input from people who built something similar. Anyone?

I just finished my 383 rebuild - my goals were a little different from yours but there are some similarities. My primary goal was to get the engine close to stock, so it has the stock crank, heads, valvetrain, intake manifold, exhaust manifolds, and carb. No porting/port matching was done. Engine is 30 over, combustion chambers are about 87-88ccs, head gaskets are stock steel shim (0.02 compressed), pistons are Speed Pro L2315NF30 and they sit 4 thousandths in the hole. Compression ratio is about 9.5:1.

For the cam I wanted something that was close to stock. I ended up going with a Mr. Sixpack cam and so far it seems to work well. Vacuum is 17" and it idles smooth at 700 RPM. I only have 300 miles on the engine, so a little more break-in to go. It's definitely faster than it was prior to rebuild, and it suits my goals for the car.

Sounds like a sweet motor up
I'll try to get a little more punch out of mine without sacrificing bottom power wink

70 W100 Power Wagon. 318 4-spd
70 Sport Fury 440 2dr HT
71 Duster 340
71 Charger Super Bee - 383/727
72 Charger "Sabotage" - 440/727 - Street/Strip
78 Warlock in beautiful patina