Originally Posted by fourgearsavoy
So you want them to inspect your brakes for NOTHING ??? Guys like you think tools and equipment pay for themselves. The copper in the brake fluid thing is just strange I must admit but some domestic (American) do have fluid contamination issues. When I do a brake inspection at the dealership ($59.95) I pull all four wheels and calipers to confirm slides and pins are free. And if the customer declines all the work I suggest it needs I loose and so does the dealer because they pay me an hour for the inspection.
I really hate when I get a repair order with 3-4 "could you also look at this or that while it's on the rack" flame I get flat rate pay for ONLY things I can bill the customer for. I also find it hard to believe that you have never driven a car with rust on the rotors from sitting a few weeks confused

It's not easy being a shop owner in today's economy so he is trying to sell you a brake flush that your specific car may very well need. All you have to say is "no thanks" if you don't want it done.
Your lube sticker deal is why I quit putting the date on them. Most cars that use synthetic oils are 10K intervals (which I don't agree with either) the oil still gets dirty and should be changed every 5K twocents
Gus

Every single time I dealt with a customer who said their 10 year old (or older) vehicle was in "perfect condition," I knew there were going to be problems.

Earning every penny of that moderator paycheck.

DBAP