So you want them to inspect your brakes for NOTHING ??? Guys like you think tools and equipment pay for themselves. The copper in the brake fluid thing is just strange I must admit but some domestic (American) do have fluid contamination issues. When I do a brake inspection at the dealership ($59.95) I pull all four wheels and calipers to confirm slides and pins are free. And if the customer declines all the work I suggest it needs I loose and so does the dealer because they pay me an hour for the inspection.
I really hate when I get a repair order with 3-4 "could you also look at this or that while it's on the rack" flame I get flat rate pay for ONLY things I can bill the customer for. I also find it hard to believe that you have never driven a car with rust on the rotors from sitting a few weeks confused

It's not easy being a shop owner in today's economy so he is trying to sell you a brake flush that your specific car may very well need. All you have to say is "no thanks" if you don't want it done.
Your lube sticker deal is why I quit putting the date on them. Most cars that use synthetic oils are 10K intervals (which I don't agree with either) the oil still gets dirty and should be changed every 5K twocents
Gus

64 Plymouth Savoy
493 Indy EZ's by Nick at Compu-Flow
5-Speed Richmond faceplate Liberty box
Dana 60