So,

Wife and I have a prestine 2010 Buick LaCrosse CSX that is our main interstate travel car. Perfect shape, well maintained, still looks new and even has the "new car ambience" inside and out. just turned 60,000 largely interstate miles.

Our "go to" maintenance place closed up last year, so I took it to a different local shop for a routine emissions test. The manager was "VERY WELCOMING" upon my drop off. We even struck up a Vanishing Point / Two Lane Blacktop conversation.

Let me backup and say this place did a cam beefy install and head work on my 1970 Vanishing Point Challenger in about 2000. Wonderful job, but the place switched ownership a few years ago.

So anyway, they call me a few hours later....and say I really "should" have the oil changed, "according to the windshield sticker, it is due." I say, let me check my computer records, as I think I had it done recently.

Sure enough, it was done in January. Full synthetic (as always), less than 1000 miles since. He still says, that it really should be changed. I say, even though it's synthetic??? He says yup, still breaks down.

I understand this, but not THIS quick! whistling

Then, he says their "full vehicle check" shows an abnormal amount of copper in the brake lines. Suggests an exchange,and says the manual calls for it.

Now, that may be manual wise...but I've never had it done.

Now, to add to the issue: The Buick (always garaged) has now been parked outside under a great tarp for the past several months. Bought a newer car, so one had to go outside.

When I drive it to this place (Driven for the first time in a couple months), I noticed a slight "thumping" when i hit the brakes at city speed. Just prior to the final stop. I mention it to them, to please check. I suspect it was just a light coating of moisture rust due to sitting outside in the early Spring.

They say they test drove it, and experienced the same thing. Said it may be nothing and will wear off, but could be more serious. They wanted $70 for a "brake inspection."

When I try to converse with him on some of this, his ultimate response was: "It's your car, do what you want."

Sooooooooooo, I go to pick it up and pay the $24.00 emissions fee.

Seems like no one would even converse, or make eye contact with me.

When my 2012 Challenger SXT Plus comes due for emissions (16,000 miles), or anything else.... I will not repeat the same mistake! hammer