Nacho, what I had been thinking was to run the blue Accy wire from the ignition harness to a stud or buss (NOT the alternator or battery double sided stud), to allow to power something like a USB plug, on key on/Ign off circumstances. I'd have to take the other side of that stock blue wire in the connector, which goes to the fuse box to power fused accessories, to that stud or boss, so it would have power also, if I interrupt the connection at the ignition harness connector. Just thinking about it, and after a response about this idea on another forum, it would probably be better to go through relays, with power to the relays coming off the new firewall stud for the alternator.

I have the dash all the way apart already. This all started with wanting to clean the dash up and picking up some bulb holders to replace missing ones, and changing to LED bulbs. One thing keeps leading to another here as I find more stuff to do to the wiring and dash. I'm taking contact cleaner and steel wool and cleaning the posts on all the gauges, and the amp gauge is in good shape still. Also gently cleaning the back of the circuit board, first with a pencil eraser, and then with contact cleaner on the head of a Q-tip. Also painting the needles on the gauges.

What do you believe is a good upgrade over the stock alternator? Even though this truck used to have a snow plow and wrecker boom, it did not come from factory with either of those, so it is likely the original 60 or 65 amp alternator.

Joe