Originally Posted by NachoRT74
Now, I don't get why would you need a dual stud for firewall like these to hook up a switched source into the cab... unless you want a switched source on both sides of firewall

I'm still thinking on this... why using this junctions for a keyed source being they really constant ?... maybe you meant using a relay activated by the ign switch but sourced from this junction?

Ammeter studs are also junction points if needed. Sure the firewall juntion is easier to reach and harder to beat.

Need to say NOTHING OF THIS will work propperly if you don't get the right alternator! The right alternator is what will save the ammeter! and some other parts of the electrical network

And, better if you dissasemble the cluster to check the ammeter conditions being tight to the internal shunt. Remember it got 50 year of stress and a badly balanced charging system from factory. If they began to be loosen, they are called to a problem when loads go throught.

I fixed a 70 Charger ammeter solding the studs to the shunt with lead just like solding wires. This consistent good contact will save from misscontact causing heat so won't melt the lead when load go through ( if happens )

Some ppl is about more radical electrical welding these studs LOL, even replacing studs.

read this ( I don't think being that extreme is really needed LOL)

https://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252130

last time I read this, images floated on, not I can't see them anymore, dunno if you.

Last edited by NachoRT74; 11/10/19 12:42 PM.

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela