Mattax, thanks for the replies. I think I see "it", on that 2nd post and diagrams.

Amp gauge to battery: From factory: wire coming amp gauge, through bulkhead connector, to starter relay with a FL on it, and then on to the battery with a HEAVY cable to the positive battery post. New way, a solid wire from amp gauge, NOT through bulkhead connector, to the starter relay, then another, same size wire to a single terminal block, and from that single terminal to the battery positive post with a FL. My first question here is, what size wires at these points and what size FL going to the battery. 2nd question on this is, how can I get my head past not having a huge cable connected to the battery post, lol.

Alt to amp gauge: From factory, wire from alt stud, through bulkhead connector. Welded splice of cab side sees power to key, headlights, and accy, with main wire continuing on to Amp gauge. New way, wire from alt stud to another single terminal block. From here, one wire continues to the amp gauge, NOT through the bulkhead connector. At the single terminal block, a fusible link goes to the spot on the bulkhead connector that was formerly occupied by the original line from the alt stud. On the cab side of the bulkhead, the wire past the welded splice is taken off that side of the amp gauge and capped and protected.

Am I close, lol.

I was reading this thread, which you have referenced in other posts here on amp gauge issues:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,33574.0/all.html

Last page has some good stuff on it, including Nacho's latest idea to implement on this. I was wondering how member PocketThunder's fix got power to the key, headlights, and accy????

Thanks to all of you who are replying. I'm a novice on pretty much everything, and wiring is a bit intimidating. But I want to learn it, and will be completely re-wiring a '76 RC with a modern kit, some day.