Hopefully it will never end. I think for the most part threads like this will never really determine how it was done exactly for ALL of the vehicles produced, like in this case for example. It may establish an example how some or a lot were done but this is only one example of a B-body at one assembly plant for one model year that made more than a hundred thousand examples, At best what can be established is how most likely it was NOT done. We are pretty sure how they were not done by these examples: 1, we know they were not done without a cotter pin ;), 2 We know most were not done bent or folded neatly or engineering style, 3, We know they were not safety wired like aircraft nuts and bolts or had Loctite on them (I know silly, and obvious). There's probably more examples of how they were not done and that's probably the best information that comes out of threads like this and why they hopefully go on forever. When I did my '68 Road Runner's front suspension years ago I neatly and somewhat engineering style bent and folded all (10?) of the cotter pins, next time I'll do them differently but I'm not going to lose sleep over the RR's cotter pins. But I'll know now or in the future if someone is trying to pass off an "untouched" survivor and asking big bucks for it and the cotter pins are nicely done then tsk wink