Originally Posted by Paul Jacobs
Originally Posted by mopars4ever
76 Yes, i do. NOS upper and lower arms. NOS idler and pitman arms. NOS torsion bar end bushing. Just got a NOS upper ball joint boot 2269127 that was missing from a member here. So it`s not pointless to me but maybe to most. Honestly, I really don`t care if someone feels its trivial or not. Some people feel a need to express their way of thinking all the time around here. I feel it`s trivia when someone needs to express what they feel is trivial or not. Why do they waste their time? Dunno??? I`m getting some good info even with all the ones trying to ruin someones post. Some are proud of their work and some are proud of how their mouth works.

Don’t ever let someone’s opinion stop you from getting the details right- I’m doing another OE restoration right now (#7) and am fanatical about the way it’s going- but in the end it’s my car and satisfies me and that’s all that matters...

bow up up Paul.

Some seem to forget that this particular Moparts forum was actually a spin off of the Moparts A12 forum with a very ANAL group of members that discussed things that were considered trivial at the time like wing nuts, painted or unpainted Lynch Road fender tags versus bent, one screw painted other assembly, the correct oval air cleaner screen holes, paint and inspection markings, correct hose markings and date codes, you name it, nothing was off limits. This forum spent probably fifty plus pages discussing the correct paint formula for organisol black and that thread still comes up more than a decade later. Bending cotter pins would have been a PERFECT subject for a thread back in those days for the Anal Dozen (A12 wink ) and yes it still matters to some of us as to how it was or "might" have been done. If things like this don't matter to you or anyone then just head off to the hardware store or your local auto parts store and just buy replacement fasteners and parts to restore your Mopar and stop buying reproduction parts from vendors. I think the next time I need a radiator hose, one of those corrugated hoses will do just fine and I'll be sure to use those convenient screw type hose clamps for that day-2 look. It matters to some and should matter most in this Moparts Restoration and A12 Forum how the original production cotter pins were bent..........if it doesn't then, well then this thread or forum is not for you I guess.

MikeR