Quote:

Is there any reason the trim has to stay where it is? Why not look at lowering the whole length of the trim down, then you can put the Firepower cutouts from the valve covers on top of the lowered trim pieces?

Again, get that photoshop guy doing something visualization for you!!!!

Yes, because the trim is actually not trim in the hood sides, its molded into the sides and formed into the metal and is not something that can be removed. It must be cut and sectioned down. The headlight end is just a cap that is set to match the molded hood sides.

I will look into it further but right now I am knee deep in tar.

oh and no need to be tongue in cheek, just tell it like it is, I want to know what every one thinks, I just dont want to have to spend a ton of $$$ and countless hours trying to change it up. I need to learn the ROD books as it seems I have seen headlight buckets and different items on there before. I may be able to change it up that way, use the headlight support, cut it flat and fill it and just use it to complete the trim and move the headlight down lower another way.

I will search for a 38 I have pics of that has something different on it. let me see, where is that pic-- never mind found it, its a 36 or so. a lot different.

here is a stock one

Dave

Dave

5129903-DSC00301[1].jpg (28 downloads)