OK, I am posting this because I truely apprfeciate the people on this forum. As many of you know I am just starting this 38 Plymouth business coupe. I have just bought a drop out 5.7. HEMI from a 2005 truck. I am using FATMAN fabrications for a cross member and may just buy their whole system to avoid issues. I want todrop the front and make it low, but not crazy low. I cant afford to build a 50K hotrod, its not going to happen. This is a project to see what I can do on a small budget. Its not going to be a ratrod, its a full fendered car, It will have the newer 5 speed automatic and be an EFI car.

I am having rrbrucea do several artpeices for me for show boards and the shop. He is looking forward to this one because its not built yet. This allows us to use some freedom and experement with different things.

Thus far we know for sure that its going to be
5.7 HEMI- Need advise on some different valve covers or painting the plastic ones, which I hate

cars is going to be the new Viper "SNAKESKIN GREEN" tHE CAR NEEDS A NAME FOR THE SHOW BOARD???????

I NEED TO DECIDE ON RIMS, TIRES,
EXHAUST, Thinking about a side exhaust in front of the back wheel??????

I need to decide on front and real valances and fab work/ look or exhaust cut outs and tail lights, ect.

Once we have decided on items, Bruce will do the art work and once its finished,I will build the car to look like the art work?????

I am new to the Rod thing, so this is very fun for me. Its going to take sometime to get it done, as I have two in the shop that need to be finished and get out of the way.But I fully plan on buying the paint this srping/summer and getting the inside and jams painted. I am going to fab some stuff into the dash and also fab the 'CHRYSLER FIRPOWER" embossed logos froma set of damaged 392 HEMI valve covers and mod them into the hood or hood sides.

I also am considering some graphics on the car, front, sides, ect?NOT sure, what do you think.

I am working on a new website that does not have the mopar name in it toavoid conflict with mopar and once its up, I will detail the entire build on there.

I REALLY want your opinions on anything!! In my life, I am into the whole nostalgia hting, gas pumps, coke machines, ect, so these types of cars fit right in

any suggestion, wild ideas, ect. PLEASE step up. Gary, (Directsubjection) picked the color that I had never seen until MATS and I instantly fell in love with it.

Dave

5122806-38plymouth1.jpg (75 downloads)
Last edited by LAWFISH; 03/29/09 07:14 PM.