Thanks Jim

I am not really racing this thing unless you count trying to beat mustangs and camaros from 0-35 at a light. I am trying to be a grownup with this build and basically made healthy modern diesel power but in a 3200lb pickup on premium pump gas. I just wanna cruise around and occasionally lay some stripes and stuff myself and passenger into the seatback.

I had already ordered billet steel 1350 slip and pinion yokes. Today I ordered some more stuff from A&A - a 4.2 lever, reinforced band strut, and a billet low/reverse servo piston kit, along with an overhaul kit so I have plenty of seals, bushings, red frictions & kolene steels in case the 100 miles I had on the trans were harder than I thought.

I also got an iron front high groove drum. It’s not that I don’t think my right foot is worth $700- it’s just that I launch at 3000, shift at 4500, and my spark rev limiter is set at 5500.

I think I won’t do any more holeshots in Drive though- 2nd gear only from now on.

I was looking hard at the billet steel drums and ultimate sprags but I just can’t justify the cost for a maybe 12 second street machine.

Plus if I ever get bored with my HP and get trickflow 270s, roller cam, and big headers I will have enough trans parts on hand to get a good headstart on building safe high rpm 727 for the strip.

Am I a fool? I already will have around a G in this rebuild once I get a new driveshaft made up for the 1350 u joints.

Last edited by radar; 05/28/19 03:39 PM.