Originally Posted by AndyF
Congrats on getting that running, driving and to the track. Tell your son to take a data log for every pass down the track and then he can look at the data logs on his laptop or desktop computer. The data log will show the RPM, air fuel ratio and things like that as he makes a pass. That way he can see how well it is tuned.

Are you controlling ignition timing with the Sniper? If not, you can buy the Hyperspark distributor and then you'll have full computer control of the timing.

He bought the dist for it to control timing which we will do later. For now I hooked the Sniper wire to the tach output on the MSD so the timing is working by the dist as it was before right now. We will control the timing by the Sniper when the supercharged eng goes in and might even install the Holley Sniper dist soon and let the Sniper control timing as all I have to do is install the Holley locked dist and then hook the dist pick-up to the Sniper and hook the sniper timing control wire to the white wire on the MSD. We may do it real soon. They actually recommend to first run the car without the Sniper controlling timing. I think we will change it soon and install the new locked dist and see if it can run better putting in the timing curve we what letting the Sniper control it. I may have to ask how and what program you all are using to download programs we took of the car running as it don't seem to want to work on our computer how we are doing it. But this is the first aftermarket EFI we have fooled with. Its really easy to intstall and wire up. Hardest part was making and running EFI fuel line. He bough a fuel tank with the in-tank fuel pump and it is working great as we have it at the recommended 58 psi. Thanks , Ron

Last edited by 383man; 05/05/19 11:31 AM.