Originally Posted by 451Mopar
What Intake are you using?
Any porting to the heads or intake?

Asking because we are hoping for 600+ HP from the 440 stroked to 505"
440 source kit with light weight crank, 10:1 compression (27cc dish) for junk gas,
Trick Flow 240 with the solid roller springs and Ti retainers, checked, but nothing done to them.
Lunati 40230732LK solid roller cam, 243/249 @ 0.050", 0.617"/0.624" lift with the 1.6:1 rockers.
Planning to use an Edelbrock Victor intake and TTI headers.
EFI might be in the future, but just going to run an old Holley 770 Ultra-avenger for the street, or maybe the 1,000 cfm HP Holley if we dyno it?

The 240 heads are out of the box with the exception of a valve spring change. I went with the Comp conical springs for this engine. I'm using a Trick Flow intake manifold that was deep port matched by Hughes. If you don't have an intake yet then that is what I recommend. Just all Hughes and ask for the deep port matched version. They cost extra and take more time but I think it is the best bang for the buck.

My engine used 780 cfm of air to make 600 hp so that tells you roughly how big of a carb you need. The Holley Sniper is rated at 800 cfm and we had 98 kPa on the MAP during wide open throttle. So not much restriction.