Wow, I did read it all.

This

Why would I question someone trying to help me?

Well for one I’d say most of the people on any forum don’t read the full thread before replying, or they make statements that don’t help at all. Plenty of people on this board have egos and greater than thou attitudes assuming because someone asks for help that they haven’t already checked the most basic issues, including ensuring the fluids were good. Give me a break.

The worst are the old guys, the crotchety old guys are why this hobby is dying off. Young(er) people don’t want to be treated like their lesser than just because some old fart has been doing it with stock parts for 400 years or because a 9” rear-end is what they put in their Duster. Just answer the questions asked without your personal biases and move on, or if your an angry old a$$hole then don’t post at all.

Id try this, fine dirt or gravel will dry up moisture in the cylinders and also give the rings a a better grip on the cylinder wall to help restore sealing. Ya just need maybe 2-3 table spoons full. Just make sure the carb butterflies are open as im sure you know carbs like the stay clean. Ive heard a few x wives have helped there hubbies in this fashion with mixed results. smile

But really, ya need to try a little gas to see if it fires and runs. Some have used older carb cleaner to get an initial fire or test fire because it used be said it worked and was more gentle on the motor then straight starting fluid.