Originally Posted By bboogieart
Originally Posted By cdwmotorsports

Why would you assume it doesn’t have oil or a filter? 30 years of messing with cars, it has oil.

Maybe this is why.

Originally Posted By cdwmotorsports
My parents let my ex brother in law jack with it so who knows what all isn’t right. Today I found the carb wasn’t bolted down.

My question is why would you question someone trying to help you? shruggy

Firing a motor that has sat for some time is relatively basic.
First thing I would do is drain and replace the oil & filter.
Next check for spark.
Check timing,
After that fuel is the only thing left.
Oh and if it sat a long time there might be something restricting the exhaust.

Why would I question someone trying to help me?

Well for one I’d say most of the people on any forum don’t read the full thread before replying, or they make statements that don’t help at all. Plenty of people on this board have egos and greater than thou attitudes assuming because someone asks for help that they haven’t already checked the most basic issues, including ensuring the fluids were good. Give me a break.

The worst are the old guys, the crotchety old guys are why this hobby is dying off. Young(er) people don’t want to be treated like their lesser than just because some old fart has been doing it with stock parts for 400 years or because a 9” rear-end is what they put in their Duster. Just answer the questions asked without your personal biases and move on, or if your an angry old a$$hole then don’t post at all.

Last edited by cdwmotorsports; 02/16/19 09:53 PM.

eBay-cdwmotorsports