Thursday, Day 4 Great Lakes Dragaway, Union Grove
I crawled out of bed at 6:50, showered and dressed, then took my bag down to the Valiant. The fog was so thick when I walked out, that I knew racing wasn't going to start at the regular time, so I had breakfast and let everyone else sleep in a little.
Boone had been complaining that sharing a bed with 15 year old Billy was terrible because the kid, in his words, "is all knees and elbows, then he flops around all night". When I returned to our room to get Rachael up, I saw what he meant as Billy sprawled all over the bed and Boone. I didn't know whether to laugh of feel sorry for him. Rachael dressed quickly, and I carried her bag out to the car as she grabbed breakfast. I was positioning it on everything behind the front seat when I heard the unmistakable rumble of a big block Mopar. It was Jim and Kim leaving the motel in Primal Scream. Jim stopped when he saw me and explained that they were on their way to a shop to have the 727 looked at as they had picked up a vibration on the last drive.
"I left a note with my phone number on Boone's car", he explained, "so I could get his advice...but then this shop owner agreed to get us right in!"
"Well, I think we'll have a little extra time, until this fog burns off", I offered.

20170914_075512.jpg20170914_091652.jpg20170914_091706.jpgUnion start.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines