Originally Posted By MoparBilly
Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
Quote:
Several weeks later it would run 9.82-139.5 to justify our belief that the tune-up was just beginning to come around.

Was that before or after figuring out where all the metal in the oil was coming from?

When faced with metal in the oil, it has been my experience that continuing to run the engine aids greatly in making a proper diagnosis of the problem. Generally you are faced with two outcomes: The engine eventually stops putting metal in the oil, or the engine stops running. In either case, finding the suspect part becomes much easier!

Boone does 3 events a year religiously: Mopar Race at Mokan (March-April), Drag Week, Mopar Race at Tulsa Oct-Nov. After Drag Week, he drove the Ruster to Tulsa, and raced it on the bottle. In March he trailered it to MoKan, and ran it on the motor. When I arrived in Tulsa last week, they had the front end of the car apart, and were about to drop the pan for a look.

Originally Posted By JERICOGTX
Originally Posted By J_BODY
Take it the Duster is going to make it this year..... believe the 60 day counter has probably already started.

Looks like it has more parts on it this year then last, so why not???

And yes... less then 60 days until we leave, which means closer to 50 For Billy, and family to start Hell Week. I'm getting excited. Can't wait for it to get here, and see everyone again.

Since the natives are getting restless, and are more interested in talking about the road ahead than finishing up last years saga, I may as well relent, and start the next chapter.

My July 4th visit to Oklahoma was interesting. Even though our family is planning to return with vehicles we've taken before, we are still going to have our hands full at the last minute as always, Dale is juggling 4 or 5 projects right now, and is already putting off stuff that is going to bite us during hell week.

Last night he began re-assembly of the 572 (now 580) for the Gremlin.

Dust1.jpgMbbuild.jpgDale7.jpgBil3.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines