"This is the car that I really, really, really, really like because I've always wondered why more people don't do it! This is the Plymouth now known as 'Primal Scream', and what is it? It's a bracket car! This is a bracket car being driven by Kimberly. These guys just bought this Mopar, swapped the gear ratio, and brought it out to Drag Week! It's a stripped out bracket car, tin interior and everything, it's got a big block in it, and it's just the coolest thing in the world! I've always wondered why more bracket racers don't literally just hook up the directionals, headlights and taillights, throw mufflers on, pull out some gear and show up for Hot Rod Drag Week...well these guys did exactly that! This car was painted twenty-five years ago and still looks that good! Freiburger has no idea why I love this thing so much, but I love it because it's the most grass roots way you can show up and compete in this with a car that's relatively fast! Kimberly goes 10.31-129!"

That was the call as Jim and Kim's 72 Satellite made their first run at Byron. Brian Lohnes was alone in the announcer's booth for a time and just couldn't resist bragging on the beautiful red B-body!

Drag-Week-2017-Byron-Dragway141.JPGDrag-Week-2017-Byron-Dragway142.JPG

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines