Like much of Drag Week, Sunday Registration finds many of the participants on different planes, some are completely relaxed and well rested, simply hanging out with their gleaming machines, passing the time as Squirrel put it, "talking to old friends, and meeting new ones". The opposite end of that spectrum features guys like our own Flying Finn, who was pushing his wounded C-body through the lanes sans one cylinder head, or HOTROD.com contributor PJ Nadeau, whose 60 falcon had turbo parts scattered everywhere in front of it. Perhaps the extreme of that group battling, scratching, and clawing to make every single second count was Nick Plewniak, who has cemented himself into Drag Week infamy with his previous efforts in his mid engined twin turbo'd BBC powered S-10 called the "Stretchy Truck". This year we had all watched the internet with horror as he converted a derelict 30 Plymouth Sedan into the newest home for his TT BBC, on the strength of his own fabricating skills, and imagination. He wasn't going to make it, it was clear to all of us watching, but he refused to give up on the car, and we refused to give up on him, cheering him on as he battled sleep deprivation and parts hang-ups while exchanging internet barbs with Harry Haig and his Aussie Chevelle. Nick made the trek from western New York to Cordova Dragway despite having a car only about 80 percent done and never fired or driven!

I had been in contact with the rest of our entourage, and they were getting close, but I made my way to the end of the line with the Valiant before they arrived.

IMG_0104.JPG234-2017_Drag_Week_Wrenching_Engines_Working.jpgIMG_0253.JPG255-2017_Drag_Week_Wrenching_Engines_Working.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines