Originally Posted By viperblue72
As far as the horsepower goes, I wouldn’t expect this combo to make much more than 400whp.
I agree with others. You need a much tighter converter.

I think it would be somewhere in that range, but since the curve is already sloping downward slightly after the converter starts locking up, it would appear the peak is probably slightly below 5200rpm....... at the wheels.
On the chassis dyno there are a lot more variables that determine where it happens.
I would have expected 530-540hp..... maybe 550, from that combo(using the car headers) on the engine dyno here....... then it’s usually about a hundred less at the wheels for a typical street/strip car at that power level.
So, I would have thought 425-440rwhp....... which I could easily see happening with a tighter converter....... something that had the load coupled to the motor at wot several hundred rpm below the point of peak hp.

Of course........ that doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be quicker at the track the way it is now....... especially since to this point, we don’t know what the actual flash stall is.

If you poke around a while on the net you can find a lot of info......
I saw one thread where someone was testing a car with a lockable converter.
There was over 100ft/lbs observed difference between locked and unlocked in the lower rpms....... with locked being the higher numbers(displayed on a tq/rpm graph).

68 Satellite, 383 with stock 906’s, 3550lbs, 11.18@123
Dealer for Comp Cams/Indy Heads