Originally Posted By Thumperdart
Originally Posted By willie_68coronet
Originally Posted By BradH
Cool deal. Nothing broke and you learned some important stuff, too.

Was the QF 950 out of the box? The air-fuel #s look pretty stable, although trending toward the richer side.

Exactly why I did this. A big weight was lifted off me that nothing broke lol.

Yeah pretty much out of the box. We didn't even do a jet change. Just adjusted the 4 corner screws. I bought a QFT 1050 originally. When talking to Dwayne over the phone he said it was too big. So I bought the 950 body and swapped it. I plugged the emulsion so 2 out of 5 are blocked though. I think it's botom, middle and top open like a old school holley double pumper. The cruise test on the dyno under light load showed it considerably richer in the 10.3 2900 rpm to 11.7 range 3000. So a afr gauge in the car will need to be used and much more learning lol.

Nice numbers for sure but don't agree that the 1000 would be too big w/that power and I put Dommy's on motors w/less that pick up a LOT of power...........All in the tune and I also like to be richer in the high load areas like leaving the line and mid range then go slightly leaner up top...........A skirted big bore 1050 Dommy would wake that puppy up............ thumbs beer

He said a 4150 1050 might make it sluggish on the street. Wouldn't give up power though. But yeah. When I step it up in the future. If I go to a 1050..It'll be a dominator. I'm sure I'll be wanting to get a hold of you when I get the car ready and sorted with a afr gauge with this carb to get a good start suggestion. I read all your posts and have for years on here. I love your car too.

'68 Coronet 500 w/ Indy EZ-1 headed 446, 727 trans, 9" rear
First day at the track with SUV street tires and no traction: 1.688 60', 7.24 @ 101.79 in the 1/8 mile

Great customer service from: DominicThumper Carbs, B3 racing engines, Porter Racing Engines, A-1 torque converter's, Quick Performance, Racer Brown Cams, R&R Performance, Manton pushrods